Technology in the Library
If you’ve got an Internet connection, you can send us a print job. Print wirelessly from your laptop, smart phone, or tablet from home or inside the library.
Our service covers these common file types:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (.docx, .xlsx, .ppt)
- Adobe PDF
- Images: JPEG, GIF, and PNG
Send prints by email
You can print in color or black and white, and you can print on letter (8.5"x11") or legal (8.5"x14") size paper. Attach your document to a blank email and send it to the appropriate email address below:
- Black & White Letter (8.5"x11")
- Color Letter (8.5"x11")
- Black & White Legal (8.5"x14")
- Color Legal (8.5"x14")
You’ll receive confirmation emails for each document sent. You'll release your prints from the Print Station in the main branch of the New Braunfels Public Library using the email address you submitted from.
Send prints through our online portal
Print from any browser on any device—Macs, PCs, even smart phones and tablets.
Click here to get started.
Select the printer with your preferred color setting and paper size, enter an email address, and either upload your document or enter the URL of a webpage.
Once you click Submit, you’re ready to go! You'll release your prints from the Print Station in the main branch of the New Braunfels Public Library using the email address you submitted from.
Keep in Mind
- Print jobs can be delayed by large files or slow Internet connections
- Always click the "Preview" icon at the Print Station before printing
- Print jobs will be automatically deleted from the system 2 hours after being received
In your wireless settings, connect to "New Braunfels Public Library." Wi-Fi is available 24/7, and the Wi-Fi range extends to the parking lot.
The library has 24 computer workstations available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis. Computer sessions are 90 minutes, and computers may be used for up to three hours (180 minutes) per day. The library also has one Express Station that may be used for 20 minutes.
- USB drive, DVD-ROM / CD-RW
- Microsoft Office 2019 (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher)
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari internet browsers
Please read our Library Internet Policy for more details.
Your first $5 of prints are free.
Please note: Printing charges are applied to your library account, and we recommend waiting to pay until you've accrued $5-$8 in charges.
The library has a self-service copy/scan/fax machine. Just like printing, the first $5 are free, and then the same rates apply. If you're unsure how to use our Document Station, ask at the desk and library staff will be happy to show you.