- City Secretary
The City Secretary's Office is dedicated to delivering exceptional services and communication to the community and visitors, along with providing staff support to the Mayor and City Council. The City Secretary's Office responsibilities include:
- Custodian of all official records of the City
- Provides requested records through the Public Information Act
- Oversees City Election process
- Coordinates and schedules official City Council meetings, and prepares minutes to accurately reflect all proceedings and/or actions taken by City Council
- Posting and compiling meeting agenda notices
- Responsible for publication, updates, and distribution of the Code of Ordinances
- Coordinate and maintain applications and appointments to the 31 City Boards & Commissions
- Provides support and assistance to the Mayor and members of the Council, and prepares proclamations
- Maintains Cemetery records and deeds
- Issues a number of permits including: City Alcoholic Beverage Permit, Cemetery Opening/Closing Permit, Vehicle for Hire Permit, Horse-Drawn Carriage Permit, Specialty Parking Permit, Water Recreation Shuttle Permit, Road Closure Application, Temporary Street Banner Application, and Wrecked/Abandoned Vehicle Storage Permit
Agendas & Minutes
Find agendas, packets, and minutes for City of New Braunfels meetings.
City Council Electronic File Submission Form
Use this link to submit files for use during Citizen Communications or individual items for consideration by New Braunfels City Council.
Open Record Requests
Use this portal to request City of New Braunfels, Police Department, or Municipal Court records.
Boards & Commissions
Learn more about volunteering to serve on the City's various boards and commissions.
Code of Ordinances
The Code of Ordinances that have been adopted by New Braunfels City Council.
Voting & Election Information
Find information about upcoming City elections, including voting locations and ballot info.
Permits & Applications
A complete list of Permits and Applications available from the City of New Braunfels.
Arts & Heritage Grants
Learn how the City distributes Hotel Occupancy Tax funds to local arts and heritage organizations.